Monday, August 16, 2010

Baby poops!

When Xarry was a baby she never really gave signals that she was pooping, or peeing in her diaper. Not until she was over a year old. At a year and a half I weened her off of breast feeding and put her on the toilet. We did a wonderful routine of sitting her on the toilet after she woke up in the morning, after she ate breakfast, before her first nap, after her first nap, after lunch, before her second nap, after her second nap, after dinner, before bed, and then a pull-up at night. And add in extra potty time when necessary. Tons of work since even though she had started giving signals that she was going to the bathroom, she still wasn't super verbal about it. And she didn't do many physical signals.
Now we have Adi. Adi started out her life projectile pooping (usually on ME!) whenever we changed her diaper. And when I say started out, I mean the first non-meconium poop was a projectile-poop (onto me). About a month ago Adalina started making stiffening legs/grunting noises when pooping. J and I briefly discussed that maybe she should be put on the toilet when we realize she's doing it. Maybe it would work. So tonight, she gave the signals....and I rushed her to the bathroom. As soon as I scooped her up she stopped with the stiffening and grunting. When in the bathroom I took off her diaper and  there was a little bit of poop in it already. But I stuck her on the toilet anyway. Why? Because I knew she wasn't done. After *nearly* 6 months of changing her diaper, I know my child's pooping ability!
So I put her on the toilet and she was super confused. She looked at me like "What in the world are you doing you crazy milk lady!?" After sitting there holding her for a minute saying to her "Go ahead! You can finish pooping!" She did! She finished in the toilet! Then had huge smiles and laughs at all the fuss that was made because of it. Maybe she won't give me a "You're insane" look next time! hahahaha
I'd include pictures, not of the poop, but of Adi. But none were taken. Which is really too bad since it was super cute the way she was smiling and playing with her rattle while on the toilet, and even cuter after she was done and enjoying the fuss that was made.
Picture taken the next time she did it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment