Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Baby Dear

My baby, dear
Looking into your eyes
So much trust I see
Staring right back at me

Your hand searching for mine
A comfort in knowing
I'm there all the time

Holding you close, not letting go
Wanting a hug before you grow
And turn my hugs away

Getting bigger now
A kiss on the cheek
Why does that smile look so meek?

A little girl has broken your heart?
A little boy has torn apart
The affection you've given?

"You'll be alright." I say
"Don't worry, there'll be another
Again, one day."

Another hug around the neck
With a flow of memories
All coming back

Watching and waiting
'Till the day does come
When you go off with another someone

Sitting there tall and prooud
Watching you get your paper
Standing out among the crowd

Next thing I know
I'm fixing your hair
For your wedding day is now here

Walking slowly down the path
A child at each side
My time, I am trying to abide

Holding you close
One last time
A tear comes down a cheek of mine


A poem I wrote back in May 2000 - before I was even pregnant with Xarry. :) Kinda silly, kinda corny, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment